Top 10 Internet Savings Accounts
1. Ally Bank- Ally Bank offers one of the top ten Internet savings accounts, and there is no minimum deposit amount or monthly service fees for having an account with this bank.
2. HSBC International- With offshore Internet banking offered by this institution many rate HSBC International as one of the top savings accounts which are Internet based. The Internet banking offered has won awards.
3. Discover Bank- Discover Bank has a minimum deposit amount of five hundred dollars, which is small compared to some, and there are no monthly fees associated with a savings account with this bank.
4. Colorado Federal Savings Bank- One of the best Internet savings accounts is offered by Colorado Federal Savings Bank, but the initial deposit required is significant at two thousand five hundred dollars.
5. First Trade Union Bank- This is not the highest interest savings account at a little more than one percent, but the minimum deposit amount is only two hundred and fifty dollars and there are no monthly account fees charged.
6. IgoBanking.com- With I Go Banking one single dollar will open a savings account, and there are no fees each month. The interest rate is only 0.93 percent, but the bank is a top pick for many individuals because of the convenience and other benefits offered.
7. One West Bank, FSB- One West Bank offers one of the top Internet savings accounts. One thousand dollars is needed to start an account, and any balance will earn interest at point nine percent.
8. FNBO Direct- This bank has an interest rate lower than a typical high yield certificate of deposit, but a one dollar minimum deposit, no monthly fees, and a reputation for quality make this bank one of the top ten.
9. Dollar Savings Direct- This bank offers Internet savings accounts that require a minimum one thousand dollar deposit, and offers an interest rate of 0.85% on account balances.
10. Heartland Bank Direct- In addition to a savings account calculator Heartland Direct features a small five hundred dollar initial deposit, and there are never any monthly fees.