Top 10 Fixed Rate Savings Accounts
1. Aldermore 1 Year Fixed Rate Savings- This is one of the best fixed rate savings accounts named by financial experts. A rate of 3.45% is fixed when the account is opened, and will not change for one year. The minimum required is one thousand pounds, and the maximum allowed is one million pounds.
2. AA 1 Year Fixed Rate Savings- This account offers a fixed rate of 3.4% for the initial one year period.. This account offers some benefits regarding child savings account taxes that some other accounts may not, but only one deposit may be made.
3. Close Savings Premium Gold Fixed Rate Deposit Account- This savings account offers 4% interest, but you must deposit a minimum of ten thousand pounds and keep these funds in the account for at least eighteen months.
4. Halifax Guaranteed Reserve Account- Halifax offers one of the best fixed rate savings accounts, with a rate of 3.8% and a term of two years. A minimum of one pound and maximum of ten million pounds make this a versatile choice.
5. Cheshire BS Fixed Rate- A minimum of one hundred pounds is required to open this account, which pays 4.15% for a three year term. This can be a better investment choice than a 529 college savings plan for some individuals.
6. BM Savings Fixed Rate Deposit Account- A fixed rate of 4.2% make this account very attractive, but the term for this great deal is four years.
7. AA 5 Year Fixed Rate Savings- This is one of the top fixed rate savings accounts if you can afford to go without the money for five years, and the interest rate offered is 5%. A minimum of one pound is required to open an account.
8. Aldermore 5 Year Fixed Rate Savings- This is one of the highest interest savings account choices, but you can not withdraw your funds for five years to get this rate.
9. Birmingham Midshires Two Year Internet Fixed Rate- One of the top fixed rate savings accounts in the UK, this option offers 3.85% for a minimum two year term. A minimum deposit of one pound is required, and a withdrawal may be possible with steep penalties.
&10. Bank Of Cyprus 3 Year Fixed Term- As one of the offshore savings accounts this option should be evaluated carefully, but it is one of the top ten where the rate is concerned. 4.1% for a three year term is a great rate.