Investment Grade Corporate Bonds – Top 10 Winners List!
1. HCP Inc., symbol HCP- One of the top investment grade corporate bonds according to many financial experts the current HCP Inc. senior unsecured note matures in 2019 and offers a rate on the coupon of 3.75%. This bond is callable and it has a rating from Moody’s that is Baa and a S&P rating of BBB.
2. Wells Fargo, symbol WFC- This senior unsecured note matures in 2022 so it is not one of the short term corporate bonds. This is a bond that is considered a winner by many investors though. The rate for the security is 3.50% and it is not a callable bond. Interest on this security is paid semi-annually, and it has ratings of A+ from S&P and AA from Moody’s.
3. Goldman Sachs, symbol GS- Goldman Sachs offers a bond which matures in 2022 with a coupon rate that is high at 5.75%. The bond is callable on a conditional basis if the tax laws change. Interest is paid twice a year. S&P rates this company as A- while Moody’s gives it a rating of A.
4. John Deere Capital, symbol DE- One of the top investment grade corporate bonds according to investors is the ones offered by John Deere Capital. The bond is not callable, pays a rate of 2.75%, and offers semi-annual interest. AA is the rating by Moody’s and A is the rating given by S&P.
5. Valspar, symbol VAL- Valspar offers some of the best corporate bonds for numerous investors. The bond with a maturity date in 2022 offers a 4.20% coupon rate and comes with conditional puts for certain situations. Baa is the Moody’s rating and S&P gives the company BBB.
6. U.S. Bancorp, symbol USB- This bond has a maturity date of 2022 and a rate of 3%. One drawback for some investors is that the bond is callable continuously, and this is at par. Interest is paid twice a year, and the bond carries ratings of Aaaa from Moody’s and A from S&P.
7. H.J. Heinz, symbol HNZ- One of the top rated investment grade corporate bonds is the company known for ketchup among other things. The bond matures in 2022 and the rate is 2.85%. BBB+ is the S&P rating and Moody’s gives the company a Baa. There are some calable features that investors should note.
8. Amphenol, symbol APH- A rate of 4% makes this one of the high yield corporate bonds when compared to many other offerings. Amphenol is rated Baa by Moody’s and BBB by Standard & Poor, and the bond does have conditional puts in place.
9. Kroger, symbol KR- Kroger is one of the best investment grade corporate bonds as well as being the grocer of choice for many consumers. The coupon rate offered is 2.20% and it is callable under certain conditions. Interest is paid on a semi-annual basis. Kroger is rated as BBB by the S&P and Baa by Moody’s.
10. Wyndham Worldwide, symbol WYN- One of the top winners in investment grade bonds for many investors is Wyndham Worldwide. This bond matures on 03/01/2022, and the company is rated BBB- and Baa by S&P and Moody’s respectively.